With winters getting colder and colder, reliable hot water is becoming less of a luxury and more of a necessity. In the 2019 winter season, the Illawarra region reached record lows of 3 degrees Celsius. There is nothing worse than waking up in a frosty morning, to find out your gas hot water has shut off for the night.
Make sure this doesn’t happen to you by making sure your water systems and installed by qualified plumbers and keeping your hot water systems well maintained. At AJB Plumbing & Gas, we can help you with your hot water repair Illawarra.
What size hot water unit should I get?
The size of your hot water unit depends on a few factors. If you have a water-saving shower head, the water consumption will be lower. In addition, it also depends on how long your average showers last. Also, your hot water unit should be enough to ensure that in peak use, the hot water stays on for all shower heads in the house. On average, if three water saving shower heads are on at the same time, 21Litres/minute will be used.
|Number of people in the household||Recommended hot water unit size (Litres)|
If you need your hot water installation Corrimal, and Illawarra, contact us on 0437 245 905.
How Often Do I Need To Replace My Hot Water Unit?
Overall, hot water units should be able to last upwards of 10 years, but a more exact timeframe can be received from your manufacturer. After a decade, you should watch your hot water unit for signs of wear and tear.
How do I know my hot water unit is failing?
- The water isn’t hot anymore
- If the water isn’t hot enough or is turning cold too quickly this could be a sign that your hot water system is failing.
- This might be a problem with the thermostat, which will not need a full unit replacement
- It would be best to call a trustworthy expert for an assessment, as you may not require a costly full replacement
- Noises coming out of the tank
- You might hear hissing or sizzling noises coming out of the tank
- This may be a sign that there is a leak in the system which would generally require a replacement
- Sometimes it could be due to a faulty valve.
- Make sure to call an expert for an assessment
- There is corrosion around the fittings
- This means that there is a leak around the fittings
- This could mean that the fittings are loose (tighten them yourself and see if this will fix it)
- It could also mean the fittings are broken and need a replacement
- If tightening them does nothing make sure to call an expert
If you require hot water repair Wollongong, make sure to call us on 0437 245 905.